I want to show you how these 3 easy things can help you become an influencer on Pinterest.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that we all want to learn how to become social media influencers. To have thousands of followers that validate ourselves and our businesses as a success.

While a lot of people say followers on social media don’t really matter, that it’s just vanity numbers. You and I both know that it doesn’t hurt.

Having more eyes on your content and ultimately having your followers sharing that content is how we grow a presence online, it’s how we become influential.

There are 3 easy ways you can be seen as an influencer on Pinterest, grow a substantial following, and be seen as a Pinfluencer. I suggest you try and implement all 3 of these strategies into your Pinterest marketing, and then do more of the one that gets you the best results.

 

1 // Follow pinners in your niche

 

When you follow someone on Pinterest they get a notification. Most people will click to see what you’re all about and then decide if they want to follow you back. It is proven that people feel inclined to return the favor but only if it benefits them as well.

You only have a few seconds to make an impression and get that follow, so make them count.

  1. Make sure your bio is complete and describes what you do.
  2. Make sure your top boards are in the first row.
  3. Make sure you have a nice profile picture or logo.

 

2 // Start a Group Board

 

Consider opening up one of your more popular boards to contributors. I just started a group board and it has really helped me grow my followers and my ranking within Pinterest. This means that I am showing up more in the smart feed and getting more repins.

Starting a group board will help improve your clout on Pinterest because people have to follow you on Pinterest in order to become a contributor. Plus when someone follows your group board you get another follower on your account.

Start your group board and then you need to invite other influencers in your niche to pin to your board. You can do this by clicking on the invite tab and searching for their username or by their Pinterest account email.

 

3 // Pin New Content

 

We all know those pins, the one’s that we have seen in our feed a hundred times before. I know that when I look through a pinners boards and see a lot of pins that I have seen over and over again I probably won’t follow them.

Statistics show that about 80% of the pins floating around on Pinterest are repins. So that leaves only 20% being new pins.

People are creating new content every single day… and if you can pin this new content to Pinterest first then people will take notice and you will be seen as an influencer.

There is a very simple system I use to find new content to pin.

  1. I write down all the blogs/influencers that I want to follow for new content.
  2. I signed up for a free Feedly account and input the RSS feeds for all the blogs.
  3. I usually check my Feedly account daily and pin what I think would be valuable to my audience. 

 

*Bonus Tip // Be consistent with your pinning

 

It’s a fact that Pinterest rewards users that pin content on a regular basis.

I recommend pinning about 25-30 quality pins a day.

Say what?!

Yes, you should be pinning around the clock, every single day.

I know it sounds like a huge time commitment but there is an easy way to set this all up, and have it run on auto-pilot.

I save myself a ton of time every week all while growing my business with Pinterest. My secret weapon… Board Booster.

If you want to check it out I have a link right here that will get you a free trial. (affiliate link)

Go try it out… I promise you will love it.

Click the image below to learn how to drive traffic to your blog or biz with Pinterest when you sign up for my FREE 10-day Pintastic Skills e-course.

Hello! I’m Kyla, a Pinterest strategist and a single mum to 3 crazy boys. When I’m not busy running around after my toddler or doing laundry, I love helping other creative entrepreneurs grow successful online businesses. At Dish It Out Social you will find tons of tips and tools to help you grow your online business with Pinterest. #secretpinnersclub

SKYROCKET YOUR TRAFFIC

With the FREE Pinterest 10-day email course

Powered by ConvertKit

2 Comments on 3 Easy Ways to Become an Influencer on Pinterest

  1. Linda @ Brooklyn Bread
    June 23, 2016 at 12:06 am (11 months ago)

    Great tips! I just started following my favorite bloggers on Feedly and I really love it. I am following so many people on Twitter I can never find my faves any more. The RSS is great for finding the content that I really want to read…

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment *






CommentLuv badge